GOSL Division A Champions 2009 – 2019
It’s going to be another GREAT year for the Rockbrook Pool Swim Team!
Swim Team Practice Schedule
Practices are held Monday – Friday, beginning June 3, 2019, as follows:
8:15 to 9:00 a.m – 11 and over
9:00 to 9:45 a.m. – 9 and 10 year olds
9:45 to 10:15 a.m. – 8 and unders
10:30 to 11:00 a.m. – Super Swimmers (please see information below).
All swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards with little to no assistance. 25 yards is the length of the pool.
Registration is $60 per swimmer. Swim team members must have a Family Membership or Trial Membership at Rockbrook Swimming Pool. Please attend the Swim Team Sneak Peak scheduled for Friday, May 3rd in Rockbrook Elementary gymnasium. Sneak peak will be held from 6:00 – 7:30p. It is the perfect opportunity to try on swim gear and place orders as well as register for swim team.
Registration form and payment must be received by the first or second day of swim lessons (June 3rd or June 4th). Make checks payable to Rockbrook Pool and give checks to Kaitie or Jack if you did not already pay at Swim Team Sneak Peak.
Swim Team Dues are not refundable for any reason. Please email email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Super Swimmers: 8 and under swimmers who cannot yet swim the entire 25 yard length of the pool at the start of the season may be eligible for our Rockbrook Super Team. Super swimmers will have opportunities to be a part of the Rockbrook Swim Team while learning the fundamentals of swimming. This is the perfect introduction to swim team. Rockbrook Super Team will have a small additional fee to support the low coach to swimmer ratio needed for this specialized group. Complete the Rockbrook Super Team Registration form to sign-up your little swimmer! Please contact Nikki Snow for additional information or to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation of swim team participation is up the coaches based upon criteria above.
Swim Meet Schedule for 2019:
All swim meets start at 6pm.
- Dual Meet: June 5 @ Keystone
- Dual Meet: June 12 @ Rockbrook
- Dual Meet: June 19 @ Westridge
- Dual Meet: June 26 @ Rockbrook
- Dual Meet: July 2 @ Rockbrook
- 10 & Under Prelims: July 8 @ Rocbkrook
- 11 & Over Prelims: July 9 @ Westridge
- Finals-July 11 @ JCC
- Season Celebration-July 21 @ 6:00p.
- A-M brings main dishes/salads
- N-Z brings deserts
- Eat first and awards will follow
- There will be bags for coaches. Please consider having your child make a card/bring a gift card/money or other token of appreciation for the time coaches dedicated to the swim team!
There are 3 key forms that need to be completed to register all swimmers (returning or new). These forms take only a few minutes to complete.
- Registration Form – Please complete one form per family : Family contact info , swimmers name(s) and birth dates
- Release Form – Please complete one release form for EACH SWIMMER.
- Meet Intent Form – Please complete one meet intent form for EACH SWIMMER. Check schedules and let the coaches know any conflicts you have with meet dates.
**We are in need of a Volunteer Coordinator and Meet Prep Volunteer for the 2019 Swim Team.**
Past parent volunteers will be available to provide instruction and support of these roles. Parent support is VITAL to the success of our swim team. Please considering volunteering for these two specific roles.
Meet Prep Volunteer-Position Open
Social Activities/Events Volunteer-Donniebess Weaver
Volunteer Coordinator –Position Open
Our biggest ask to parents is to help volunteer. The Swim Team needs lots of help during the season, so please pitch in where you can. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for any of the above positions or below responsibilities.
- Parent committee to coordinate the team social functions – opening potluck, pep rally before prelims, pancakes before finals, end of the season party
- Timers/Runners at every home meet
- Grillers at every home meet
- Zookeepers at every home meet
- Timing table at every home meet
- Thursday donuts
- Parent to coordinate team clothing
Swim Team Gear Order Option
This year, the Rockbrook Swim Team is working with Swim Quick for swimwear and gear. If you missed Swim Team Sneak Peak and still wanted to order swim suits, caps, towels, or apparel you can do so by May 12th and your order will arrive in time for the first practice day. Any orders submitted after May 12th will either need to be picked up in store (2518 S 140 Street) or shipped at your expense. *All swim team gear is completely optional!
Co-Head Coaches: Kaitie Hangren and Jackson Hanus
Coaches: Matthew Gurnett, Michaela Gurnett, Anna Henningsen and Mia Stiles
Swim Team Liaison: John Luddy